Gluten Free Gnocchi
About this Recipe
I finally found a gluten free gnocchi recipe that I and my family like; my kids didn’t even notice the difference so that it’s a good sign!
This is a great recipe to do with your family so I highly suggest making gnocchi with your kids, you family or your friends. In the kitchen we can build the best, precious, unforgettable memories. In fact I still remember, after all these years, making gnocchi with my grandma and all my little cousins, our job was to roll out the gnocchi! It’s something that will stay in you forever.
Here the recipe for you, I did 2 attempts, the first one with rice flour and it didn’t work but the second time, with all purpose baking flour, it did! I m so happy.
- 500 grams potatoes already boiled and mashed with a rice
- 200/250 grams gluten free flour for baking
- 1 egg
- A sprinkle of love
- Boil the potatoes with the skin, when they are cooked drain them and peel them right away! Remember always peel the potatoes when they are hot.
- Mash the potatoes with a ricer and put them in a bowl and let them cool down!
- When the potatoes are ready put them on a chopping board, make a volcano in the middle and put the egg in the hole. With a fork beat the egg and try to incorporate to the potatoes.
- Now start to add the flour, a handful and the time, and work your dough until is nice and smooth and it’s not sticky anymore. You will have to work it for 10 minutes.
The dough is ready when you can make a nice, firm ball.
- It’s time now to roll the gnocchi; this is the part where I suggest you to get the kids involved.
Take off a handful of the dough and roll that with both hands until you have a rope about the thickness of your thumb. Cut this rope in 2.5 cm lengths.
Bring each piece of dough and flip it with your index finger against the inside of your fork. With this technique the gnocchi will catch any sauce:).
- Place your gnocchi on a lightly floured baking sheet.
- Cook them in boiling water with salt.
- They are done when they raise to the surface of the water. Put them right away in a big bowl and dressed them with your favorite sauce.
- I suggest a nice Bolognese sauce or (more quick) butter and sage sauce.