SQUASH AND POTATOES SOUP
Fall is coming and my favorite part is the variety of squash that we have. I love to use squash for my cooking, I use it in so many way, for example: Gnocchi, Risotto, Soups, Roasted it, Muffin, Pasta sauce; I love it for stuffing my Ravioli and so many other way. Squash is very versatile and most important is very healthy so I highly suggest you to add it to your family menu. This is one of the easiest ways to use it, making a soup. My favorite squashes are: Butternut Squash and Kabocha. For cooking I try to avoid the pumpkin, I use that for Halloween decoration and carving.
One of my favorite family traditions is to go to the pumpkin patch to pick up the pumpkin for Halloween. I really love that, I enjoy the afternoon with my kids choosing the best one and touring around the farm.
Last year I add Squash Gnocchi to my cooking classes list and they were a great success, my clients loved them so much, they are very different from the potatoes Gnocchi but still really good. Let me know if you like this recipe.
- Half squash cut it in small pieces
- 1 Garlic or half onion
- 2 potatoes cut in small pieces
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 600 ml of vegetable broth
- Parmigiano Reggiano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Nutmeg if you like
sprinkle of love
- Put the oil and garlic in a pan and let them stir fry for a bit.
Add the potatoes and the squash and stir fry for few minutes.
Now it’s time to add the broth, put the lid on and let it cook for 30 minutes until the vegetables are soft.
- After that you can mix everything with a blender, if it’s too thick you can add more broth.
- When everything is blended add 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg if you like, Parmigiano Reggiano cheese and some oil EVO. Enjoy it like this or if you like you can add some crispy pancetta or bacon, it will defiantly give more flavors.