I m so excited to post this recipe because for the first time, in 12 years living in Vancouver, I finally made what my kids are not allow to eat when we go to the restaurant: honey garlic sauce.It was a success, like I always say “homemade is the best” because you get to use real fresh ingredient.
Most of the time I do the chicken finger from scratch because I don’t trust the frozen prepacked food and, “home-made is the best”.
Homemade are so delicious and easy to make you just need to be organize, follow my recipe and you will see.Let’s do it.
Ingredients for the Chicken Fingers:
- 2 chicken breast cut in fingers
- 2 eggs beaten
- 3 cups breadcrumbs
- 1 cup quick rolled oats
- salt and pepper
- vegetable oil
- a sprinkle of love
Honey Garlic Sauce:
- 1 cup of honey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- The first thing to do is to get your station ready it will be more easy.You will need a bowl or plate for the eggs,one for the breadcrumbs and one plate to put the chicken finger breaded in before to fry them.
- Mix the breadcrumbs and the oatmeal together and put it in a plate or a bowl,beat the eggs adding some salt and pepper ,season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Cut the chicken in fingers like you like and put them first in the eggs and then in the breadcrumbs mixture.
- In a frying pan ready put some oil in it (3/4 tablespoon) and turn the heat on medium,when the oil is hot add the chicken fingers.Fry them until they are nice and gold about 5 minutes for side.
Honey Garlic Sauce:
- In a small saucepan add honey,brown sugar, garlic, soy sauce,sesame oil and vinegar.Let it boil.
- Now in another bowl mix the water with the cornstarch mix very well being and add it to your sauce.
- This trick is to make your sauce nice and thick.
- I served with Chicken Fingers with Baked fries it was an amazing dinner and kids LOVED IT.
- If you want the recipe of the baked fries check my facebook page
- Hope you enjoy this recipe, Buon Appetito
Delicious! I can just smell the garlic all the way here in Sicily:)