A while ago somebody asked me what my favourite fast food was when I was a kid.
Well I grew up in Italy and the food is always fresh, home made from scratch, the fast food is not popular at all over there, thankfully.
I used to like this Chicken and Spinach cutlet from the Super market but my mom never bought them, she used to say to me that they were poisoned so, like every mom will do, she start to make them from scratch. Also she used to said that when the food looks so perfect it not good to eat it. Homemade, imperfect food is the best. I think the same now.
These cutlets are very delicious and easy to make, also this could be a clever idea to make your children eat spinach.
- Ingredients for 6 cutlets:
- 500 grams chicken breast
- 200 grams fresh spinach or you can use frozen spinach
- 20 grams parmesan cheese 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (optional).
- 1 egg
- breadcrumbs for the breading
- a sprinkle of love
- Chop your chicken breast in a mixer or a food processor and put it in a bowl aside.
- Clean your spinach, boil them and chop them in the mixer.
- Put them in the bowl with the chicken, the egg lightly beaten, the cheese, nutmeg and salt.
- Mix everything well together and start to create your cutlets bringing some mixture in your hand like you want to make a meatball, give it a nice round shape and gently press down.
- Now it’s time to breading the cutlets, so get your station ready first with the egg and the breadcrumbs.
- Put the cutlets first in the egg and then in the breadcrumbs.
- You can also avoid the egg if you want because there is already egg in the mixture so you just need to pass them in the breadcrumbs.
- Cook your cutlets in a frying pan with 3 tablespoon of vegetable oil for 5 minutes for side or the healthy way in the oven at 350 for 15/20 minutes remembering to flip them once.
- You can serve your cutlets with a nice salad or potatoes if you make rice you can have a nice gluten-free dinner of course you have to remember to use gluten free breadcrumbs.
- I hope you will enjoy this recipe, buon appetito.
Lovely, Marzia. This is the kind of ‘fast food’ I would eat every day…
Looks appetizing and healthy.