One of the thing that I really miss from Italy its the aperitivo time/happy hour..ohhh how I miss la dolce vita…..After 5 o’clock you get together with your friends or lover and you go to the bar for a nice drink and bite to eat before dinner….a must in almost every bar is bruschetta a piece of bread grilled topped with tomatoes and oil ,we call that pane e pomodoro..so good my favorite appetizer so easy to make with few simple ingredients let go see how to do it.
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 4 basil leaves,
- 4 slices of bread
- 1 garlic clove,
- oil evo,
- salt to taste
- a sprinkle of love
- Cut your bread and toast the both sides in a griller or on a frying pan.
- Once golden brown,take each slice and scrub it with a clove of garlic.
- Now cut the tomatoes in small cubes or if you use cherry tomatoes cut them in half and them cut them in half again so from 1 tomatoes you will try to have 8 small pieces.
- Pour the tomatoes in a bowl put the oil,salt basil and mix for a little bit.
- Take your bread put it in a nice serving plate and put the tomatoes and oil mixture…voila..you can also add some mozzarella cubes if you like or olive ..I did it simple ..enjoy it with a nice glass of prosecco and have some dolce vita at your house
Love basil with tomato! I made a Caprese salad today for a bunch of friends. I enjoy happy hour here as often as possible…so much fun!
Reblogged this on bcfoodieblogger and commented:
Wow… Yes please
you know what I mean